First time wearing Kimono

I’ve always wanted to go to Japan. I've always dreaming about Tokyo, Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Sakura, Kimono, fashion of Harajuku and so on. Reading my friend's tweets, blog posts and FB status about Japanese people and their culture makes me want to go even more.

Last week, I was given the opportunity to do a write-up about Star Cruises trip from Keelung (Taiwan) to Ishigaki and Naha of Japan. July is not the best timing to find Sakura, especially in that part of Japan. However, I did not really care about it but accept the offer and flew to Taipei with the group and finally crossed the East China Sea to Okinawa Island.

At Naha, we visited Gyokusendo Cave, one of main attraction in the island. I saw a small booth offering photo service, where you can wear their Kimono for 500 Yen. I took the offer and this is me, first time wearing a Kimono, Okinawa style.

Hopefully one day, I will have the chance to visit Japan mainland...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Farikica said...

Very nice! Perfect timing is a no no during most of my trips as i have to follow the holidays' dates. Normally my long hols will fall on June which obviously a hot hot sunny day for northern part of the hemisphere. Would love to visit Japan one day...;)

Post a Comment