Short trip to Bangkok

Last February was the best month in my life. I went to three different countries in a month. First was in Indonesia (Tarakan), and after that Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap), followed by Thailand (Bangkok).

I did not plan my Bangkok trip because it was last minute 'surprise' I got from Holika Holika Malaysia.

I attended their grand launching in Suria Sabah and saw a promotion saying that if I buy any product RM30 and above, I will be entitled to a lucky draw, where the grand prize is a free trip to Bangkok to watch Korean rock band CNBlue with a complimentary four stars hotel for accommodation. I bought a lipstick and fill up the lucky draw form.

After about a month I was informed having won the draw but not the grand prize. I won Holika Holika's special category, Facebook Winner and took home a RM100 product voucher.

On the same day I saw another promotion in their Facebook page, asking Holika Holika's fans to tag their friends to join the fanpage. Lucky winners will win CNBlue concert trip to Bangkok. I'm  no sure they looking for how many winners to Bangkok but I tagged few of my friends because I really want to go to Bangkok. To be honest, I purposely posted my review about lipstick and perfume that I bought from Holika Holika in the Facebook fan page to ensure that they will notice me. Guess what? It works!

Not even a week, Mr. Kim (Holika Holika Malaysia's MD) posted all name of winners. When he informed me about having won the draw, I almost scream because the trip was on the same day I suppose to come back KK from my Cambodia trip. I felt so lucky!

So instead of coming back to KK on 24th February, I have changed my KL-KK ticket to 26th March. Mr. Kim bought me KL-Bangkok and Bangkok-KL ticket together with winners from KL.

We arrived Bangkok on 24th Feb at late afternoon and took about 3 hours to clear our passport at the immigration counter at the airport. Bangkok is the busiest airport.

It was a short trip but very meaningful and FUN. After dinner, we checked-in at Bangkok Palace Hotel, have shower, sleep. Next day we went for a Chao Phraya River cruise before heading to Impact Arena for CNBlue concert.

 Bangkok International Airport

Welcome to Bangkok. Sawasdee ka...

The Chao Phraya River tourist boat takes visitors on a cruise for a sightseeing tour of the historical sites in old Bangkok along the Chao Phraya River. I am here sharing what we have seen during the tour in case you’ll be visiting, what you can expect to see along the way and the historical significance of these places.
A young lady preparing traditional flowers for tourists at the jetty of Chao Phraya River
Wat Kanlayanamit, a relatively newer temple built in the reign of King Rama III (1824 – 1851).

 Commercial building at Bangkok

Faculty of nursing, Bangkok


  One of mosques at the heart of Bangkok.


The cutest sisters in our trip. They have been living in KK for 10 years.

 
Mrs. Kim enjoying her boat ride. I thank her and husband for the opportunity.


 It was hot but we had so much fun!

One of my favorite, Wat Arun, locally known as Wat Chaeng, is situated on the west (Thonburi) bank of the Chao Phraya River. It is believed that after fighting his way out of Ayutthaya, which was besieged by a Burmese army at the time, King Taksin arrived at this temple just as dawn was breaking.

He later had the temple renovated and renamed it Wat Chaeng, the Temple of the Dawn. During his reign (Thonburi Period), Wat Chaeng was the chief temple, and it once enshrined the Emerald Buddha and another important Buddha image, the Phra Bang, both of which had been removed from Vientiane.

The temple has flourished throughout the Rattanakosin Period. The beauty of the architecture and the fine craftsmanship declare its status as a temple of the first grade and one of the most outstanding temples in Thailand. The spire (prang) of Wat Arun on the bank of Chao Phraya River is one of Bangkok's world-famous landmarks. 

It has an imposing spire over 70 metres high, beautifully decorated with tiny pieces of coloured glass and Chinese porcelain placed delicately into intricate patterns. Although it is known as the Temple of the Dawn, it's absolutely stunning at sunset, particularly when lit up at night.
 
 Stunning Wat Arun

Me, wearing Thailand traditional costume at the entrance of Wat Arun

Earlier on the way to Wat Arum, I saw everyone at the next boat seemed had bought a large bowl of fish food and where throwing it into the river. I looked down and there they were… hundreds upon hundreds of Chao Phraya Catfish.

The Chao Phraya Catfish is a freshwater fish that can grow up to 100cm in length and is a member of the shark catfish family. It’s a native species of the mighty Mekong River and the Chao Phraya River and is white to grey in colour with black tips on it’s elongated fins. They also look very hungry and like free food!
Chao Phraya Catfish

I just love the whole trip, and yes.. that's me!

I wish I have the chance to travel to Thailand again because three days is not enough. Maybe it is the chance to come back there again in future, and must find out why taxis in Bangkok are very colorful.

 Taxi in Bangkok are colorful. I feel like eating them all!

Thank you to our awsome sponsor, Holika Holika for making this trip possible. I will be writing my experience during CNBlue concert.

 Yeah, we had fun in Bangkok. Thank you Holika Holika Malaysia!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

mytravellicious said...

look u had so much fun in bangkok... :)

carolchs said...

Congratulations on your winning! That's really an awesome prize.
If I am going back to Bangkok, there is one thing that I MUST do there again besides shopping - go watch the Siam Niramit theatrical show. It's a very enchanting show!

LM the Traveler said...

Fadli: Indeed. We had so much fun there. It was a short trip but at least suda pijak sana. Hehehehe.

Chegu Carol: Thanks so much... Siuk betul ni. I pun mau pigi the Siam Niramit theatrical show la. Thanks for the info :D

Post a Comment